Sewing Machine Operation involves the assembling of garment parts, stitching the components of a garment together using a sewing machine, and also carrying out different types of stitching using a sewing machine. The role of a sewing machine operator is critical to the garment manufacturing process as it determines and improves the quality of the product.
Course Outline for Sewing Machine Operator
• Introduction to the apparel industry.
• Stitching using the sewing machine.
• Achieving product quality in stitching operations.
• Maintenance of the work area, tools and machines.
• Maintenance of health, safety and security in the work place.
• Compliance with industry, regulatory and organizational requirements.
Minimum Educational Qualification: JSS 3
Vocational Training Centers:
• House of Henri Fashion and Art Academy, 6 Chief Tunde Thompson close off Modupe Young street Thomas estate Ajah
• WAPA Apparel , 12 Owodunni Street, off Allen Avenue Street, Ikeja, Lagos
• Crown Natures Nigeria Plc , Lekki Free Zone Lekki Coastal Road Tiye Town Akodo Ibeju Lekki Lagos Nigeria
• Amtis Skills Place , 58, Iju road opposite Pentecostal Fellowship Assembly, Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos.
• MartWayne Fashion School , 8, Sholeye Cresecent, off Alhaji Masha street, Surulere Lagos
• Crested Edge Discovery House , 15, Adejokun Street, Isheri Olowora, Omole Phase 2, Magodo Phase 1 axis, Lagos
• Doka Dots Clothing , 7, Rev. Ajani Olutade Street off Liasu Road, Ikotun Egbe, Lagos